Monday, October 11, 2010

Eating, talking and more eating

My sister, i kid you not, can walk through the kitchen and snack on at least five things at once. Sometimes more. Chips, hummus, apples, spinach dip, cookies anything remotely dip-able doesn't stand a chance. It will be found, smothered in a dip, mashed by teeth and disappear down her throat. Now while she is consuming veggie chips or some other crunchy delectable, she is talking. She talks all the time, even if i am clearly reading she will chatter away not really caring that i am engaged in a conversation with a book character.
Don't get me wrong, i love my sister. When she broke up with her boy friend i got all her attention back, which includes all her conversation. I feel very privileged when she talks to me but i find it increasingly hilarious that she can talk to me weather or not i am listening.
I do not intentionally ignore her. She comes in and starts talking when i am already engaged in reading. usually i then start to pay more attention to her then my book. She is hilarious!

No comments:

Post a Comment